26 June 2013

June 26, 2013

Finding correlations between mood and diet and accomplishments = more than anything, self control/discipline. The more I stick to my diet or accomplish my goals, the better I feel that day and the next but it only lasts one to 2 days. Then if I dropped the ball-i.e., eat excessively, drink excessively, skip work for Jim-the shittier I feel about myself. Feel-good factors:

  • disciplined eating
  • Eating before 8 PM (results in improved sleep too) 
  • working and training hard
  • sticking to my diet
  • helping others
Recently been falling off all the wagons–gym, eating, working. Losing motivation fast. Need to recharge, re-energize, but how? It used to be that I would look forward to the weekend and the weekend would re-energize me. Whether getting drunk with friends, hanging out with my girlfriend– I would be refreshed and satisfied by Monday. I no longer get that recharge. I have no friends, no woman, I don't enjoy drinking as much as before. I'm burned out and don't know how to recharge. How much further can I go on fumes? What do I change to re-energize? My tank is empty and no gas stations in sight. Have never felt so tired and sick of it all. Don't know how to ask for help. Help! The little I can do is discipline myself to stick to healthy diet/exercise/work hard. Is this how or why workaholics are formed?

Parado 80/20

No comments:

Post a Comment